Monday, June 7, 2010

9 Secrets of Achieving Financial Freedom - Part 2

What does it take to achieve financial freedom? What does it take to achieve anything that you truly desire? Most people haven’t a clue. I spent thirty years studying people who have achieved extraordinary success and found that they each consciously or unconsciously do and think differently from everyone else. I call these the 9 Secrets of Achieving Financial Freedom. Last week, I discussed the first two secrets: the Secret of Decision and the Secret of Total Commitment. To achieve any worthy objective it first requires that you decide what you want and then make a total commitment to making it happen. Not every successful person does this but you will increase your chances of success many-fold if you write it down. This leads me to the third secret; the Secret of Clarity. You must have a crystal clear vision of what you want to do, become or have. The clearer the picture, the easier it will be to attain. The Secret of Clarity includes seeing yourself ‘as-if’ you already are that which you wish to be. It’s ‘imagining’ yourself into the future to that time when you are what you set out to become. Your mind will then begin to make decisions towards that reality.

Perhaps my favorite story of clarity relates to a struggling Asian actor. In 1970, in a letter to himself, he wrote, “By 1980, I will be the best known oriental movie star in the United States and will have secured $10 million dollars. In return, I will give the very best acting I could possibly give every time I’m in front of the camera…” In 1973 Bruce Lee completed the film Enter the Dragon and became in instant mega-star and martial arts legend. Through hard work, Bruce Lee became who he had to become to be that mega star. And I love that he included what he’d give back in return.

It is said that the human mind makes a wonderful slave but a terrible master. What you tell your mind often enough, it believes. Successful people learn to control their thoughts so that roadblocks to success become ‘challenges’. And everyone loves a challenge.

In applying the Secret of Clarity in your personal finances, get perfectly clear on exactly what success looks like for you. Is it being debt free? Is it being financially free? And what exactly does each of these mean for you? Certainly ten people would arrive at ten very different answers.

I’m currently using the 9 secrets to transform my own heath and fitness over a 40-day period. I made the decision, am totally committed and have perfect clarity around what I intend to achieve. Using proper nutrition and exercise I’ll slash 20lbs of unwanted body fat and reduce my waistline three inches. I’m calling it the Ultimate Fitness Quest and invite you to join me in a quest of your own. A team of health and fitness experts is showing me (and you) how to turn my body into a fat burning furnace. They promise me I’ll never go hungry and won’t have to spend hours in the gym. Apparently, little changes can make a world of difference. If you’d like to join in the fun or just follow along visit www.StewartWelch.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger